Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm a WINSer!

So this is a little late then never, but I'm a WINSer! The few, the proud...

My internship and the program are both well underway, it has been quite an experience so far. Details another time and another place, but suffice to say that I was ill for a large percentage of the first month. I've finally got into the swing of things, and I think I'm well suited for intern-work. I have been going though a lot of government paperwork particularly dealing with ethics, and learning about the requirements and standards doesn't hurt. It is particularly interesting with several of Obama's appointees stepping down.

The program itself has been really great, there are only three interns this semester so we've had the ability to have more intimate gatherings. In our orientation we were able to meet with interesting people from all over the city, and from all walks of life. We took a tour of the NMAI, which I thought was really beautiful. Inauguration ended up being quite the experience too, we were able to volunteer at the American Indian Inaugural Ball. It was a great way to get in and mingle and meet. Classes have also been fairly enjoyable, and informative.

Right now is just such a wonderful time to be in DC, I like to think that I know my way around and know what to expect; but right now the world is just so unexpected.

On a side note: I'm looking for an internship in Houston for the summer, does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment