Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy-ness

Internship continues to be an enjoyable experience; a good amount of work to do, that continues to be fairly interesting. I’m really starting to get to know some of the people who work here at SAMHSA; many of them are quite interesting.

I was able to take the DISC personality assessment while I was here; we had a review yesterday that was very interesting. My results reflected quite accurately who I am as a person, and the test itself was very accurate and many rang true to what they were tested. I’m not sure that I agree with all of my description, but a few of the characteristics are: optimistic, talkative, connected, influential, and confident.

This week is pretty busy, even though I had Monday off. Yesterday I ran a bunch of errands and got a bunch of little things done, today I have WINS class and I have to write a top-line report for my research class tomorrow. (And it’s snowing/raining! GROSS!)

Tomorrow I also have my one-on-one interview to be an RA next year. I’m pretty excited for it; I would really love to be an RA. I think it’ll be a great job for me. I’m in a fashion show at work that is a sort of raise-aware-ness for heart disease. Then class after work, and then I’m going to see the Vagina monologues after that. So tomorrow is busy, busy, busy! Fortunately I get to sleep in a touch, but I’ll try to get to bed early anyways.

Friday is pretty crazy too; my uncle is coming in to town so I’m going to try to stay with him and my aunt and my cousin. I have a paper that I have to write about my tribe that I can hopefully get done this weekend; or at least have all the facts and such hammered out.

Saturday is the Founder’s Day ball, and I’m looking forward to it. I found my dream dress and I’m excited to get the opportunity to wear it, it’s very glamorous. On Sunday I’m going to hopefully have a nice brunch, and get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment